Thursday, October 25, 2012

A NEW BEGINNING - 3

 
 

Do you believe in destiny? Do you think that no matter what we think and do, there is a “Divine Plan” for us to fulfill. Yes, we have free will, but some events in our life are meant to be, and they will happen when their time has come.
My meeting this man was meant to be. I had dreams about him long before I met him. Of course, I did not know who my dreams were announcing, but I knew that sooner or later he would show up in my life.

The other “event” which was part of the “Divine Plan” was that this man would end up living with me, in my tiny apartment. Oh! He did not want to!! He tried many different alleys, but they all failed and at the end, he had no choice, but come to live with me. To me, this was a sign that a Higher Power was in charge, and we had to comply.
This was going to be an experience that neither of us was prepared for. Our relationship, so far, is based on a loving friendship, a mutual respect for each other and is purely platonic. How to accommodate the need for space and isolation that he requires (and so do I) in this small New York apartment, pompously called a one-bedroom, when there is no wall separating the living room from the sleeping alcove!! We had to use our imagination and move things around to create some sort of separation that would allow some privacy for both of us.

We managed, and started to get used to this temporary arrangement. We are both learning how to adapt to a new situation and get to know each other better. I know it is difficult for him because his spiritual journey requires time alone, space and silence. As for me, my feelings for him became stronger and stronger, creating a conflict in our respective goals. I had to learn how to control my thoughts (which he picked up very easily!!) so as not to interfere in his field.
Now that we live under the same roof, his influence in my life is even more prominent! He takes very seriously his role as a teacher for me, showing me new ways of living my physical life as well as my behavior in general. Every day I make progress, growing and feeling better in my body and mind. He improves my life in every way and I hope I help him in his search for perfection, as well as his work which requires my skills.

Where is this going to lead? I don’t want to speculate and leave it to God to decide. After all, He/She put us in this tight situation!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my
own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Great job. I really enjoyed what you had
to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!
my website :: Smartgirl Gutscheine 2012